- This event has passed.
Resource Mobilisation and Fundraising
Mar 3 @ 10:00 - 15:00R350
- Understand how to mobilise and leverage multiple types of resources in a Covid and Post-Covid world
- Understand the Do’s and Don’ts in responding to and communicating with funders
- Identify available sources of funds (government, parastatals, private sector, local businesses, foundations and other national and international donors)
- Understand how to utilise crowdfunding, social media and other tools to mobilise resources
- Gain a broader understanding of BEE compliance for NGOs
- Understand how to leverage networks and partnerships
- Network and share lessons with other NGOs
Lisa Thompson Smeddle, holds Master’s and Honours degrees in Sustainable Development from Stellenbosch University in South Africa, and an Honours degree in Social Sciences from Chapman University in California. She is the Director of the USA and RSA registered Sustainable Development Network & African Sustainability Academy. She has 30 years’ experience working in the non-profit sector in southern Africa. She acted as sustainability advisor to Family Health International (FHI360), an Umbrella Grants Mechanism managing a $93million USAID/PEPFAR grant in South Africa. Lisa was also the Programme Coordinator for the Sustainability Institute and course designer/lecturer at Stellenbosch University. She has worked as a consultant with international, African and South African aid and government agencies, Universities and more.