Proposal Writing for Local and International Donors
Mar 15 @ 10:00 - 15:00R400
- Learn how to develop a proposal using a logical structure and process flow
- Learn how to write an effective problem statement
- Learn how to understand and define programme/project goals, objectives, targets, etc…
- Learn how to define and effectively explain your project/programme methodology
- Learn how to include monitoring and evaluation in your proposal
- Understand how to develop budgets
- Understand the need for sustainability
- Final packaging & follow up.
REGISTER HERE: (EFT and Debit/Credit card options are available)
Presenter bio: Lisa Thompson Smeddle, is the Director of the USA and RSA registered NGO: the Sustainable Development Network.She has 30 years’ experience working in the NGO sector in southern Africa and acted as the sustainability advisor to Family Health International (FHI360) and the Academy for Educational Development (AED), an Umbrella Grants Mechanisms managing $93million USAID/PEPFAR grants in South Africa. Her role was to build capacity in PEPFAR funded NGOs. This included the development of fundraising, sustainability and social enterprise strategies, organizational policies, monitoring evaluation and reporting systems and more. Lisa was also the Programme Coordinator for the Sustainability Institute and course designer/lecturer at Stellenbosch University; she has also designed and managed a variety of projects for the UNDP, GIZ, DANIDA, SA provincial and local government authorities, Cordaid, the City of Cape Town, the University of California Berkeley, the SA National Department of Human Settlements, Peace Parks Foundation, the Hanns Seidel Foundation, and more. She has acted as a consultant to World Vision, WWF, Caritas and other donors and non-profits throughout southern Africa.Lisa holds a Master’s degrees in Sustainable Development from Stellenbosch University, an Honours degree in Social Sciences from Chapman University in California, and an Honours in Sustainable Development.