Leadership for Managers & Teams
Jul 19 @ 10:00 - 15:00R400
- Understand the different styles of leadership
- Understand how different personality types and leadership styles can improve teamwork
- Understand how to manage performance and increase productivity
- Understand how to use principled negotiation tools to manage conflict
- Understand how to give constructive feedback, and critically seek the feedback of your team.
- Network and learn from other organisations
- Includes a free online personality test
REGISTER HERE (EFT and credit/debit card options are available)
PRESENTER BIOS: Lisa Thompson Smeddle, holds Master’s and Honours degrees in Sustainable Development from Stellenbosch University in South Africa, and an Honours degree in Social Sciences from Chapman University in California. She is the Director of the USA and RSA registered Sustainable Development Network & African Sustainability Academy. She has 30 years’ experience working in the non-profit sector in southern Africa. She acted as sustainability advisor to Family Health International (FHI360), an Umbrella Grants Mechanism managing a $93million USAID/PEPFAR grant in South Africa. Lisa was also the Programme Coordinator for the Sustainability Institute and course designer/lecturer at Stellenbosch University. She has worked as a consultant with international, African and South African aid and government agencies, Universities and more.
Daniel Steenkamp is a senior programme manager at Bertha Centre for Innovation at the University of Cape Town. He is also a senior business advisor, specialising in financial management, business strategy, internationalisation, business optimisation, management and leadership development. He is also a Chartered Accountant and registered auditor. He is also a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA(SA). Holding an MBA in business strategy from Stellenbosch University (South Africa) and he is particularly passionate about social enterprise development in emerging economies.