Financial Management For Non-Profits & Social Enterprises
24th May 2023 @ 10:00 - 15:00R400
REGISTER HERE (EFT and credit/debit card options are available)
- Understand the legal & tax structures NGOs are required to work within;
- Understand how to preserve financial integrity through governance, integrity and & accountability;
- Understand internal controls and reporting;
- Understand how to report to funders and what they require;
- Income generating projects – institutional, tax and other factors to consider when generating income;
- Learning from audits – what do auditors want to see and what does the law require.
PRESENTER BIO: Daniel Steenkamp is a senior programme manager at Bertha Centre for Innovation at the University of Cape Town. He is also a senior business advisor, specialising in financial management, business strategy, internationalisation, business optimisation, management and leadership development. He is also a Chartered Accountant and registered auditor. He is also a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA(SA). Holding an MBA in business strategy from Stellenbosch University (South Africa) and he is particularly passionate about social enterprise development in emerging economies.