Apr 14 @ 10:00 - 15:00R350
- Understand the legal & tax structures NGOs are required to work within;
- Understand how to preserve financial integrity through governance, integrity and & accountability;
- Understand internal controls and reporting;
- Understand how to report to funders and what they require;
- Income generating projects – institutional, tax and other factors to consider when generating income;
- Learning from audits – what do auditors want to see and what does the law require.
Daniel Steenkamp is a senior business advisor, specialising in financial management, business strategy, internationalisation, business optimisation, management and leadership development. He is also a Chartered Accountant and registered auditor. He is a member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA(SA), the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and the Independent Regulatory Board of Auditors (IRBA). He acts as independent auditor to a broad scope of NGOs in Africa. Holding an MBA in business strategy from Stellenbosch University (South Africa) and he is particularly passionate about social enterprise development in emerging economies.