- This event has passed.
Facilitate Learning Processes
Aug 4 @ 10:00 - 15:00R350
- Understand the definitions and key principles of facilitation
- Understand the role of a facilitator
- Understand how people learn
- Understand how to create an enabling environment for learning
- Understand the stages of group development and group dynamics
- Understand how to manage conflict and difficult situations
Lisa Thompson Smeddle, holds Master’s and Honours degrees in Sustainable Development from Stellenbosch University, and an Honours degree in Social Sciences from Chapman University in California. She is the Director of the USA and RSA registered Sustainable Development Network & African Sustainability Academy. She has 30 years’ experience working in the non-profit sector in southern Africa. She acted as sustainability advisor to Family Health International (FHI360), an Umbrella Grants Mechanism managing a $93million USAID/PEPFAR grant in South Africa. Lisa was also the Programme Coordinator and a course designer/lecturer at the Sustainability Institute / Stellenbosch University. She has worked as a consultant with international, African and South African aid and government agencies, Universities and more.